Saturday, August 16, 2008

StarStruck!

I'm a huge fan of an up-and-coming singer from California named Tyrone Wells.... he is amazing!

I discovered him a few years back through a website called Pandora, an online streaming radio station. The site finds new songs that are similar to songs or artists you already enjoy. If you haven't tried Pandora yet, check it out... it's a great way to find new music that you might not have heard before - lots of unsigned artists and independently-produced albums.

Back to the point... I love Tyrone Wells. His songwriting is beautiful and uplifting, his voice is incredible, and he's not bad to look at. He's also got the stage presence of a HUGE star just waiting to happen...

AND HE LEFT A COMMENT ON MY MYSPACE PAGE THIS WEEK!!! I'm very giddy about it... that's right, giddy... like a pre-teen girl... it's fantastic!

So now I love Tyrone Wells EVEN MORE because he actually responds to questions from his fans... and in a very timely manner (as in... less than an hour after I asked a question on his blog).

So here's my request: check out Tyrone's website or MySpace page, and if you love him as much as I do (or even if you're mildly intrigued or interested in his music) check out his tour dates and go see a show near you... you won't regret it. I saw him on the west coast leg of his tour a few months back and he's great... and his opening act, Jason Reeves, is also incredible. Well worth the $12 ticket cost, so I'll be seeing them again when they're in Portland next month.

http://www.tyronewells.com/ or www.myspace.com/tyronewells


PS - Yes, I realize he may not have actually left the MySpace comment himself... he was recently signed by Universal, so he's probably got managers and other people to answer questions and respond to fans... but it's still very cool and it still made my day.

No comments: