Friday, October 3, 2008

Art Party!

I'm having an Art Party this weekend!

I've been binding books and making homemade journals like crazy... everyone will get to pick one to decorate. We'll be making photo albums, journals, memorial books, sketchbooks... whatever people are inspired to create.

And I'm amazed by how many people are coming! Lots of friends, both new and old. It seems I'm not the only one who likes to get crafty...

I'm in the window of time when I usually get a bit panicky... people coming over tomorrow, big event to get ready for, need the house to be clean and the supplies to be organized, and it feels like there's too much to do. But this time I'm going to take it easy and enjoy it. After all, this is supposed to be fun! I'm not going to ruin it by stressing out. That's a big lesson I've learned over the past few years, and this Art Party is my chance to put it into practice.

Here's another lesson I've learned: it's not so hard to make new friends, after all. You just look for people you enjoy being around, strike up a conversation, and invite them to get together sometime. It really is that simple... :) I can't wait to get to know all the new friends that are coming over this weekend, and I can't wait to see all that creativity unleashed on the world. We're going to create beautiful things!

Life is good... life is very, very good.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

So I don't know if you'll see this before tomorrow, I'll probably end up texting you, but I got your message last night and I'm coming. I'm going to catch a ride with Laura.