Sunday, October 12, 2008

Feed the Animals

I am now officially a fan of Girl Talk, aka Gregg Gillis. He's a guy who samples hundreds of tiny bits and pieces from other songs to make magic! His mixes are fantastic... they flow together so smoothly, and I love trying to pick out the pieces of other songs that I recognize.

In just one track from his new album, he samples Roy Orbison, Ludacris, Rage Against the Machine, Aaliyah, Sinead O'Connor, and twenty other pop artists... it's unbelievable.

His new album is called "Feed the Animals" and it's available as a pay-what-you'd-like download at http://www.illegalart.net/... just click on the album cover and follow the directions. I'd recommend paying at least $5.00 to get the seamless mp3 file - I think that's the best way to enjoy the music, since it allows each song to flow directly into the next.

Check it out... at the very least, it's different from most of the stuff being played on the radio these days.

And if you want a little more information, go to the website for NPR's Day to Day and listen to Friday's show... he was interviewed for the program, and that's how I first heard about him.

No comments: