Monday, December 22, 2008

Snow!!!

Wow! It almost feels like I'm living up in Welches again... This week, Portland has gotten more snow than it's had in the entire two and a half years I've lived here! Which means... early release (with pay) from work two days last week and work cancelled (with pay) ALL WEEK this week! I don't have to go back to work until January 5th, but I'll get my full paychecks the WHOLE TIME! Can you tell I'm excited about this? Here are some pics of the snow from the walk Abby and I took this morning... it's gorgeous!

The stairs leading up from my apartment this morning... and that's AFTER
I cleared them of snow last night before going to bed!


Powerline Park... our closest place to run and play. Last night, I dropped my cell phone somewhere in this winter wonderland. Two boys heard it ringing, answered it, and
followed Megan's directions to bring it to my apartment and return it!
Thank goodness for the generosity of strangers...



This is the view from my bedroom window...

The tree limbs are covered in ice... and some of them are having a hard time dealing with it.


Abby loves the snow! She runs around like a little kid. Unfortunately, she scraped her poor little paw on some ice shards... she's recovering nicely, though... lots of TLC! :)







No comments: