Friday, December 5, 2008

SoulCollage... Patience

This was the first SoulCollage* card I ever created, at a workshop I took for my birthday in 2007. At that point in my life, I had such a strong desire to be a mother that I couldn't imagine waiting another second. When I saw these images come together on the page and began "listening" to the voice of the infant, I cried.

I realized that the journey to motherhood is happening right now... every day. I will give birth someday in the future... but I am BECOMING a mother as we speak. And everything is unfolding perfectly. And most days, I wait patiently.

Here's the SoulCollage card and the corresponding reading. As your read the words below, listen to them as if the card is speaking to you. In this instance, it is the voice of the infant that we are hearing.


I am the one who waits patiently, knowing that all things will unfold in due time. I honor the process and trust in the Universe to provide for me. I cherish the moment, recognizing everything as perfect... whole and complete, just the way it is right now.

I flow with my circumstances, shifting as needed to be ready for whatever comes next. I represent the balance between being Present in the current moment and looking forward to the future that lies ahead.

I am here to remind you that life is happening right now. THIS is what it's all about... THIS moment... right now. You cannot reach that which you strive for without moving through that which exists right now.

You will remember me when you need it most - when you feel the knot in your stomach that tells you, "Something is wrong here." In that moment, remember the lesson of the pearl - even the most challenging things become beautiful treasures when we accept them for what they are.

We are unfolding together. We are birthing the next moment... and the next... and the next. We are creating beautiful treasures together, right now.


* SoulCollage is the process, developed by Seena B. Frost, of creating and "reading" a deck of collaged cards from found images - cards that are arranged in suits for the primary purpose of self-exploration and self-acceptance. SoulCollage cards are made from original purchased art (e.g., art published in magazines, calendars, books, cards, etc.) and personal materials (e.g., photos). SoulCollage cards are not to be sold, traded, or bartered and are to be reproduced only for the personal use of the maker of the card. For more information about this amazing process, check out http://www.soulcollage.com/ or http://www.kaleidosoul.com/.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

blha bahlahab alkhlabh

Amy K said...

Why, thank you Kaela. That's the most profound and brilliant post I've seen yet on this blog! hahahaha... love ya :)